“Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real”.
The distribution of people in an area of the country is affected by culture, landscape and economic changes to the dispersion of people in an area can have many consequences. The social landscape of countries is changing as people move from rural areas into urban areas. This is causing social discussion on the role and value of big cities and small cities. Some people would prefer to live in sprawling and modern urban metropolises. Others would prefer the simplicity and connectedness of life in a small town. While there are certainly broader and varied economic and cultural opportunities in a big city. I would prefer to live in a small town because of its access to nature, ease of transportation and the deep and lasting social connections. Small towns have quicker and easier access to nature.
“A great city is not to be confused with a populous one” – by Aristotle
What is it a Future City :
A developed urban and rural area that creates sustainable economic development and high quality life by excelling in multiple key areas.
Excelling in these key areas can be done so through the strong human capital, social capital, and/or ICT infrastructure.
How to Build a Future City
- Formation Innovation
- Creativity Productivity
- Participation in public life Labour flexibility
- Integration and popularity Partnership (public and private)
Government : Living :
- E-government Healthcare
- Politics strategies Security
- Citizenship participation High standards of living
Mobility Environment :
- Eco-transport Environment protection
- Smart Traffic control Sustainable resources management
- ICT infrastructure Reduction of pollutants
So a Future City will be ….
- More green spaces will be created and renewable energy will take advantage.
- The citizens will take part in government decisions, by coming up with solutions.
- The technological innovations will allow the increase of the quality of life of the citizens.
- It will be encouraged business strategies for creating new business opportunities for the new entrepreneurs. Moreover, it will be financed by the new entrepreneurs business.
- The sustainability will be managed in a more efficient way, as well as public transport, the mobility, and the pollutants resources management initiatives.
Vision of my Future City :
Due to a shortage of space and utilization of individual advantages entire cities will be found in new locations :
- On the water
- In space
- On other planets
In my vision, there will be smart city apartments located close to the center and smart apartments and smart homes achieve a very low energy consumption through the use of various technologies, like small meters. Furthermore, smart homes are totally connected homes, meaning that all devices are linked with the homes computer system, which allows people to remote control things inside their home and automates tasks like the shopping process.
Energy Generation :
The biggest part of the energy requirement of the future city should be covered by itself trough fusion power. Solar, wind and geothermal energy thereby should every complex of building generate at least a significant part of its own power demand with green energy. Otherwise, the owner has to pay a certain penalty fee.
The rest of the required energy could be transferred from space-based solar power, where it will be collected through huge solar panels and send to earth with microwaves.
- Urban agriculture will be one of the major requirements in order to assure the minimum level of agricultural production for towners.
- Total economic independence from preliminary and agricultural products is simply not cost effective.
- In the future, it will be crucial that a city has an effective freshwater recycling system.
Additional a desalination of sweater could be necessary in order to stay autonomous.
- The core of the future city will be built in several layers, so that space will be used in an optimal way.
- Automatic instant optional scanning will be as an identification and payment method.
- The entire city of the future should have ultra speed coverage without the need of any wires.
- A space elevator will allow towners to do long-range travels and transport objects to and from space.
- Space crafters will be used to continue travels in space.
Smart public transport will be the most efficient way of traveling inside the city like Jet Metro and jet water wage.
Travel centers will allow towners to do mid-range travel via plane, high-speed train and ship.
- Motorized private transport will be limited inside the city.
- There will be intelligent magnetic streets in the air which provide energy to vehicle, (e.g. through inductive transfer) and remote control them autonomously to one’s desired destination, minimizing accidents and improving the traffic flow.
- Park towers will allow vehicles to park inside the future city. These towers are directly connected to public transport systems.
- The entire city is emission free.
- The ground of the city will be available for pedestrians, bike, and small intelligent, short-range vehicles. Through this concept, the future city can minimize the use of traffic lights and personal hazards.
- Taxis and smart city car sharing solutions will enable towners to shift to close destinations.
- Small intelligent short-range vehicles will be used to move inside the city.
- Syed Aiyazuddin’s