Using only biomolecules like DNA and enzymes, scientists at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology have developed an advanced biological transducer, a computer capable of manipulating genetic codes, and using the output as new input for subsequent computations. The breakthrough might someday create new possibilities in biotechnology, including individual gene therapy and cloning.
- NEWS FROM THE FUTURE – Biological Computers Encrypt and Decipher Images (makezine.com)
- Technion Scientists Develop an Advanced Biological Computer (israelnationalnews.com)
- Scientists develop advanced biological computer (phys.org)
- Dr. Irwin Jacobs, Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO Emeritus of Qualcomm, was honored on May 20 with the Technion Medal (pharmaceuticalintelligence.com)
- A New Technique for Restoring Normal Vision to the Blind: The Technology of Prof. Sheila Nirenberg of Weill Cornell Medical School (irvaronsjournal.blogspot.com)
- The Prospects Of Genetic Engineering (prajyotbhambhani.wordpress.com)