While reading an old book by Captain R.P.Cave found some easy and useful facts about maps and thought of sharing with you all.Here they are:
- A map is a representation on paper of a certain area of country.
- Fundamentally, a map is nothing more than a picture from which one can visualise the subject which it portrays.
- A map is a diagram showing the details and features which exists on the ground.
- A map can never be completely up to date ,for there must must always be features which have appeared since the map was made.
- A map cannot show everything because there is not room to do so.