- If we take sun as tall as a typical front door, Earth would be the size of a small coin.
- Earth is the third planet from the sun at a distance of about 150 million km or one AU.
- One day on Earth takes 24 hours that is the time it takes the Earth to rotate or spin once. Earth travel complete orbit around the sun (a year on Earth ) in about 365 days.
- Earth is a rocky and terrestrial planet, with a solid and dynamic surface of mountains, valleys, canyons, plains and so much more. What makes Earth different from the other terrestrial planets is that it is also an ocean planet: 70 percent of the Earth’s surface is covered in oceans.
- The Earth’s atmosphere is made up of 78 percent nitrogen , 21 percent oxygen and 1 percent other ingredients — the perfect balance for us to breathe and live. Many planets have atmospheres, but only Earth’s is breathable.
- Earth has one moon. Moon is a natural satellite.
- Earth has no rings.
- Many orbiting spacecraft study the Earth from above as a whole system and together aid in understanding our home planet.
- Earth is the perfect place for life as its atmosphere stands today.
- Earth’s atmosphere protects us from incoming meteoroids, most of which break up in our atmosphere before they can strike us.