Last week, my intrepid second grader’s teacher asked that each child bring in a medium
sized pumpkin. This pumpkin was to be big enough for them to carry, but did not require the muscle of Mom or Dad to lift. The result of the two day project was impressive!
Here are the items required to do the project:
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin
- Blue non-lead based paint
- 1 paint brush
- 1 permanent black marker (Sharpie)
- Colorful cutouts of the 7 major continents
- Printed text for the 4 major oceans and Gulf of Mexico
- Clear drying glue (Elmers)
- An atlas (a reference for the kids to place everything correctly)
Step 1: Clean the dirt off of the pumpkin and paint. Let it try for a day or two.
Step 2: Draw the Prime Meridian, Equator, Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn with the marker.
View original post 53 more words